Sunday, September 27th at Bottineau Park NE
Address: 2000 2nd St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418
The first games will start promptly at 11AM!
This is our first annual 3 on 3 tournament featuring 16 teams in a single elimination bracket.
* There will be a 20 minute time limit for each game.
If a team doesn’t reach 15 points by the 20 minute time limit, the team with the higher score wins.
1. Each game will play until the first team makes 15 points. The winning team will win by one point.
2. Teams score by either regular one-point baskets, or by two -point
shots taken from outside the three-point circle.
3. After a basket has been scored or a foul called, a player must put the
ball in play from a line past the three point line above the foul key.
4. All held balls will be put into play behind the three point line with
possession given alternately to each team.
5. On defensive rebounds or steals, players must return the ball by
dribble or pass across the three point line before a basket may be
attempted. Once across the line, they do not have to pass the ball
6. Any player may convert an offensive rebound.
7. After a basket, the team scored upon will put the ball in play.
8. Fouls will be called by participating players (honor system.) A foul called in the act of shooting will result in either two or three points being awarded to
the team which was fouled, depending on where the player was
fouled. A non-shooting foul will result in the award of one point to
the offended team. There is no bonus situation for fouls.
9. The three second free throw lane rule will apply to all offensive
10. Substitutions may be made after a basket or an out of bounds play.
11. Each team, each round, will be allowed one 1 minute timeout.
12. Time will NOT be stopped to discuss any call.
*If the game ends in a tie-breaker, there will be NOT overtime play. Each team will have one possession (coin-toss will determine the team with first possession) to score. If you turn over the ball, this is considered a possession.
If one team scores a one-point basket during their possession and the other team scores 2-points during their possession, the team with 2 points wins the game
Most IMPORTANT RULE: HAVE FUN! Thank you for participating in our first charity basketball tournament and we hope to see you again next year!